Learn which food is good for you!
Do you really know which food is good for you? Here is a list of food products and their benefits:
- Meat: Beef, lamb, pork, chicken, etc. Humans have eaten meat for hundreds of thousands of years. Unprocessed meat is good for you, especially if the animals ate natural foods (like beef from grass-fed cows).
- Fish: Fish is great. Very healthy, fulfilling and rich in Omega-3 fatty acids and other nutrients. You should eat fish (preferably fatty fish like salmon) every week.
- Eggs: Eggs are among the most nutritious foods on the planet. The yolk is the most nutritious and healthiest part. Omega-3 eggs are best.
- Vegetables: Contain fiber and many nutrients that are essential for the human body. Eat vegetables every day.
- Fruit: Increase variety, taste good, are easy to prepare and rich in fiber and Vitamin C. They’re still pretty high in sugar, so eat in moderation if you need to lose weight.
- Nuts and Seeds: Almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, etc. Rich in various nutrients, but very high in calories. Eat in moderation if you need to lose weight.
- Potatoes: Root vegetables like potatoes and sweet potatoes are healthy, but they’re still high in carbs. Eat in moderation if you need to lose weight.
- High-Fat Dairy: Cheese, cream, butter, full-fat yogurt, etc. Rich in healthy fats and calcium. Dairy from grass-fed cows will be rich in Vitamin K2, which is very important for health.
- Fats and Oils: Olive oil, butter, lard, etc. Choose saturated fats for high-heat cooking like pan frying, they are more stable in the heat.
Read the full article on Authority Nutrition